I wonder how an American pronounces…
We’re going to play
“Name that Vegetable.”
Look at each picture below.
What vegetable do you see?
Click on the chart to make the pictures bigger.
Answers at the end of the blog post.
1. What are these giant orange vegetables?
For Halloween, Americans use them as decoration.
For Thanksgiving, we make pie from them.
2. This white vegetable is part of the cabbage family.
3. What vegetables did the person just pick from the garden?
4. These colorful vegetables get their name from their shape.
5. Rabbits like to eat this vegetable.
6. What is a common name for this vegetable?
People have several names for it throughout the U.S.
7. This vegetable is known to exist since 3000 B.C.
8. This green vegetable is in the cabbage family.
9. This vegetable is used mostly for salads.
10. These vegetables grow inside a pod.
From this, we have an idiom to describe people that are alike.
“The two brothers are like 2 ____________ in a pod.”
Fill in the blank.
And now let’s review the pronunciation
of all the vegetables on the chart.
Click on the chart to make the picture bigger.
10-peas…They’re like 2 peas in a pod.